Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

King of Anything

I 'found' this song in a funny way.

I was watching a showbiz news, I think it was on VOA, and there was a report about Sara Bareilles's concert somewhere in USA.

I never heard of this song before the news, but I was so interested on the concert review, I watched it 'till the end.

Out of my curiosity, after watching the review, I downloaded the song.

and guess what? I freaking like it!!!


and I was not the biggest fan of Sara Bareilles, but this song got me hooked!

It kept on repeating in my mind and I repeat it over and over again.

crazy!!!


So, please, take a second and look for this song, if you haven't.

If you have listened to the song, take a glimpse to the lyrics.

Mind you, it can boost your confidence!


Go Sara Bareilles! Go!



King of Anything - Sara Bareilles


Keep drinking coffee

Stare me down across the table

While I look outside

So many things I'd say if only I were able

But I just keep quiet and count the cars that pass by

You've got opinions, man

We're all entitled to 'em

But I never asked

So let me thank you for your time

And try not to waste any more of mine

And get out of here fast


I hate to break it to you, babe

But I'm not drowning

There's no one here to save


CHORUS:

Who cares if you disagree?

You are not me

Who made you king of anything?

So you dare tell me who to be

Who died and made you king of anything?


You sound so innocent

All full of good intent

Swear you know best

But you expect me to jump up on board with you

And ride off into your delusional sunset


I'm not the one who's lost

With no direction, oh

But you'll never see

You're so busy making masks

With my name on them in all caps

You've got the talking down, just not the listening


CHORUS


All my life, I've tried to make everybody happy

While I just hurt and hide waiting for someone to tell me

It's my turn to decide


CHORUS x2


Let me hold your crown, babe

2 comments:

L_a_i_L_a said...

fully agree with u!!
I always love a song that encourages people and boosts the confidence

the video clip is awesome too!!!

-L2-

alienkeren said...

laila: aku belum liat video klip-nya nih la. hehehe