Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2007

ttg mahasiswa part II

well, the title of my posting in english is "About College Students Part II", just incase there are some of my friends who don't understand Bahasa Indonesia...

see, there's one event that is going on in ITB rite now. the event is called AUDC 2007, Asian Universities Debating Championship 2007.
I'm one of the Liason Officer (LO) and I'm assign to take care of a Filipinio team from De La Salle University...
There are six other countries who are debating. Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Bangladesh, and Kazakstan.
they are all university students, except for the adjudicators, some of them are students and some others are like professors and ass. professor.

I volunteered to be an LO becoz I think this event is gonna be REALLY FUN... y'know, talking in english, meeting new ppl from other countries, and making new friends... those are one of the things I love...
and when the event finally started, I was like, "I'm REALLY gonna have LOADS of FUN!!!"

okay, let's start from the beginning.
The event started on thursday and I met some of my team (means the team that I was assign to)on the same day. My first impression was, "They're good looking!!!"
FYI, my team consists of 4 guys and 1 girl.
my next impression was, "do they want me to come over and talk to them?" I was hesitating on whether or not to actually sat down and talk to him...
I finally brave enough to come up to them and say hi. and when I got into a converation with them, I was loving it!

They asked me about stuff... and they were very talkative (well, what do u expect? they're debaters!) and they were REALLY friendly!!!
They guys are REALLY NICE too... they were being gentlemen all the time: holding doors for me, helping me to cross the street, and many other little things...
I was really amazed by them being gentlemen, becoz none of my Indonesian guy friend have acted as a gentleman. My Canadian, German, and Hong Kong, and Chinese guy friends are gentlemen, but Indonesians are really absorbed by themselves so that they don't think they have to be gentlemen.
and the girl, Estelle, she is REALLY FRIENDLY too. She asked me questions and she told me lots of stuff... and she kept saying nice things to me...
well, so long story short, I LOVE MY TEAM!!!
and I was having SO MUCH FUN!

the thing I wanted to highlight about almost university students is our similarities. No matter what contry you come from, what your race is, or what language you speak, when it comes to food, we were really eager to eat it!
I noticed when it was time to eat on the night of the Opening Ceremony. It was past 8 PM and they weren't allowed to eat yet becoz of those stupid speeches, when the MC announced that they could start eating, that was when I could hear the buzz and everyone was moving into the same direction: food.
and it was really funny to see them rushing to the food...
and yep, it only took about half an hour to clean all the sate padang out. after sate padang, otak-otak was running out, and finally other foods...
also, the other similarities b/w university students is we always worry about money. What happens if my money's not enough? is that expensive? is that worth it to buy? and many other questions regarding about money...
maybe becoz we don't really have our own money and we still kinda rely on our parents...

anyway, I was having so much fun yesterday (coz it's morning already...) and looking forward on what's gonna happen next...
Estelle, Dino, Jasper, Nico, Robin, I love you all!!!

0 comments: